Personal Information About Customers Which Private iDNA Gathers
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your Private iDNA experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain required information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we may use “cookies”, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses PrivateiDNA.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Private iDNA on other websites.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Private iDNA if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive such offers, please follow the unsubscribe link in the most recent message received.
Private iDNA Sharing of Information It Receives
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with affiliated businesses who sell Private iDNA products and services. In other cases, we operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. You will always be able to tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access only to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Confidentiality of Your Health Records:
- Any information that you enter on a Private iDNA website concerning your screening results, lab results or STD status will be held in strict confidence. We will never share your information with third parties, unless legally required to do so.
- For samples that are sent in via mail for laboratory testing, it is a requirement by law for the laboratory that receives and processes samples to report positive test results for ‘reportable diseases’. The information is primarily used for aggregated statistical reporting for state and national disease tracking. All information is reported and held confidentially with the Departments of Health as they are not allowed by law to share your personal information or results with third parties.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Security of Personal Information
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. We make every effort to protect all information about your screening results, lab results or STD status through a Private iDNA website or application based on the standards and requirements set forth in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). We transmit payment information only to the appropriate payment processing company during order processing. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other websites.
Accessibility of Information
Private iDNA gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Private iDNA for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of Private iDNA features. You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in the Accessibility of Information section. When you update information, we may keep a copy of the prior version for our records. If you do not want to receive e-mail from Private iDNA that is not associated with an order, such as special offers, please follow the unsubscribe link in the most recent message you received.
Age Restriction for use of Private iDNA
You agree that, in the event any dispute or claim arises out of or relating to these Conditions of Use, you and Private iDNA will attempt in good faith to negotiate a written resolution of the matter directly between the parties. You agree that if the matter remains unresolved for forty-five (45) days after notification (via certified mail or personal delivery) that a dispute exists, all parties shall join in mediation services with a mutually agreed upon mediator in an attempt to resolve the dispute. Should you file any arbitration claims, or any administrative or legal actions without first having attempted to resolve the matter by mediation, then you agree that you will not be entitled to recover attorneys’ fees, even if you would otherwise be entitled to them.
By using any Private iDNA Service, you agree that the Federal Arbitration Act, applicable federal law, and the laws of Dallas, Texas, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Conditions of Use and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and Private iDNA.
Site Policies, Modificiation, and Severability
Please review our other policies posted on this site. These policies also govern your use of Private iDNA Services. We reserve the right to make changes to our site, policies, Service Terms, and these Conditions of Use at any time. If any of these conditions shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.